The DPA Dermatopathology Unit is nestled in the heart of the Roanoke Medical District, directly adjacent to the Virginia Tech School of Medicine. Our team of expert Dermatopathologists bring the expertise of world-renowned medical centers to the Blue Ridge Mountain region of Southwestern Virginia, North Carolina, and the surrounding areas. Our Dermatopathology team has trained at some of the most premier Dermatopathology programs in the country, including Harvard Medical School (associated Massachusetts General Hospital and Brigham and Women’s Hospital) and the renowned Armed Forces Institute of Pathology. Our Dermatopathology team is experienced in both out-patient and complicated in-patient cases.
Our practice is focused on providing academic expertise in a clinically meaningful manner with a prompt turnaround all within a local physician owned private practice setting. We are here to help you provide the best care possible for your patients; rapid, reliable, and relevant is our motto.
- Daily Intradepartmental Consensus conference, with multiple dermatopathologists reviewing each difficult case simultaneously
- Streamlined requisition forms for ease of ordering
- Professional courier network for specimen pickup
- Report delivery typically within 24-48 hours from specimen receipt
- Clear and Concise reports via electronic health portal, fax, or personal telephone communication for sensitive or complex cases